Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

From the Lighthouse Keeper 7.04

Greeting, saints and lighthouse keepers all!

In case there was any doubt about it, there are signs that winter is here: we’ve had some snow!

When Sashi got out of bed on Friday I told her to look out the window, then I watched with delight as her face lit up to see even the thin dusting of snow on the rooftops.

“Snow, Daddy! Who made the snow?”

“God made the snow, Honeybun.”

“I’m so happy! Can we say ‘thank you’ to God for the snow?”

“Sure, Kiddo, we can say ‘thank you’ to God any time.”

Sure enough, a minute later my daughter looked out the window and up at the sky and said “Thank you God for the snow!” She then told me, “I said ‘thank you’ to the sun, because God lives in the sun.”

“God is in the sun, you’re right. But do you know where he likes to live best? In your heart,” I replied.

Said Sashi: “And he lives in the moon, and in the ground!”


God love her. She’s right, of course. God is in the sun and in the moon, in our hearts and in the ground. In the apocryphal Gospel of Thomas Jesus says, “Cleave a piece of wood, I am there; lift up the stone and you will find Me there.” Indeed, he was there in the beginning with God, and nothing that exists came into being without him.

There’s nowhere we can go where God isn’t. I don’t know about you, but that makes me feel pretty good. And it makes me want to do good. To praise God with my very being and living.


Thank you, God, for being You


Hoping to see you soon at the lighthouse –


Pastor Kerry


p.s.: Our newsletter crew is pretty thin this week. Would you be able to come in Thursday morning to help assemble it? Please call the office or respond if you’re able.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?