Thursday, January 18, 2007

 

From the Lighthouse Keeper 7.03

Greetings, saints and lighthouse keepers, all!

I was chatting with my daughter’s dance instructor today. Her name is Miss Sheila, and I tell ya, she’s the spitting image of my friend Kathy – they could be sisters. As I was telling Miss Sheila that I knew a woman who looked like her, I recalled that I knew another woman who looked like both of them. Three people from three different areas of the country, who bore each other’s image.

I have been told a few times that I have a twin. Someone I look like, someone who acts like me. Have you ever been told you have a twin? Has someone ever looked at you and told you “You look like a friend of mine…”?

When God looks at us, he sees a few things. One, he sees our sin. That sets us apart from God, even as it sets us apart from each other. But by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, who takes our place, when God looks at us, he sees Jesus. Because of Jesus, God is able to offer us eternal life and fellowship with him.

Jesus’ hope and prayer for us is that we’ll be like him. He tells his disciples in John 13:15, “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.” Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:1 to “Be imitators of Christ.”

My hope in this world is for people to look at me and see the grace and the love of Jesus. My hope for you is that when people look at you they’ll say “You remind me of someone. You remind me of Jesus.”

Would you remember in prayer our new District Superintendent, the Rev. Gary George? He takes the mantle on February 1 from our interim DS Herb Palmer. I have told Rev. Palmer of our prayers and thanksgiving for him and his service.

Would you remember the children of our church, as we seek a Director of Children’s Ministry? Pray that God would move in the heart of the one that we seek.

Thank you for these prayers and many others. I look forward to seeing you soon at the lighthouse –

Pastor Kerry

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?